OneFora banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Platforum Release Date: Fri, September 25th.
Release Date: Tues, Sept 29th @ 9:00 a.m.

Summary of Changes - User Facing

New!

• Top Navigation: We want our users to have a convenient way to locate other members of the community. We added a Members link shortcut to the Kabob Menu. Here you can search for members, see the Top Contributors, contact community Admins among many other notable stats on our members. Check it out!

Improvements:
  • Gallery: Adjustments made to the thumbnail size and alignment of images in our gallery. The below screenshot is from a user on an iPad.

• Redirects: Legacy direct post URL links that contain a page/post number failed to land on the intended post (and would just link to the top of a page in the thread).​
    • Status: Resolved. The user will now be redirected to the intended post number.​
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out by tagging or pm'ing @mike.shoss, @gkatsiochristos, @liang_VS, @Lalji.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Redirects: Legacy direct post URL links that contain a page/post number failed to land on the intended post (and would just link to the top of a page in the thread).

• Status: Resolved. The user will now be redirected to the intended post number.​
Thanks for working on these failed redirects. FYI - I'm still seeing some examples where this didn't work.

In this post, there are 4 examples of links that failed to land correctly. As of right now, the last 3 are now working but the 1st one still drops you at the top of a random page (11) in the thread but not the designated post.

It should land on this specific post which is on page 22, not 11.

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for working on these failed redirects. FYI - I'm still seeing some examples where this didn't work.

In this post, there are 4 examples of links that failed to land correctly. As of right now, the last 3 are now working but the 1st one still drops you at the top of a random page (11) in the thread but not the designated post.

It should land on this specific post which is on page 22, not 11.
Thank you, I have shared with the team, we will investigate and advise.

·
Staff
42 Posts
@Mike Lang The redirect will only happen on links that have the old anchors (no dash), looks like the first link is the proper new style, however just pointing to the wrong place entirely.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
It's still pointing to the old page number.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
The 1st and 3rd links in the example appear to be formatted identically. What made one redirect & the other one not?

Code:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier.1197724/page-11#post-19862289
Code:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier.1197724/page-41#post-22302779

·
Staff
42 Posts
The 1st and 3rd links in the example appear to be formatted identically. What made one redirect & the other one not?

Code:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier.1197724/page-11#post-19862289
Code:
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/review-older-films-here-1979-and-earlier.1197724/page-41#post-22302779
Neither of those redirect, the difference is the second one has that post anchor on the page.

·
Registered
431 Posts
On implemented releases, can we disclose which tickets were cleared/pushed through with these?
i.e. Regarding improvements for this release, we're on three (3) pages worth of active tickets... Swimming through them I could not quickly derive which one it was...

A simple tag highlighting which ticket it is tied to would be appreciated....

Member link shortcut is related to Ticket #174651433

C.

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
On implemented releases, can we disclose which tickets were cleared/pushed through with these?
i.e. Regarding improvements for this release, we're on three (3) pages worth of active tickets... Swimming through them I could not quickly derive which one it was... View attachment 5105

A simple tag highlighting which ticket it is tied to would be appreciated....

Member link shortcut is related to Ticket #174651433

C.
Hey Chris, I have a meeting scheduled for next week to start reviewing and updating the open tickets. We will work to make this more clear for everyone. Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts