OneFora banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Onefora Release Date: N/A
Release Date: Tues, November 17th @ 9:00 a.m.

Summary of Changes - User Facing

Card View Global Rollout Announcement

As part of our ongoing effort to respond to the community’s feedback regarding the issue of too much white space on our sites, we have developed a new view; we call it "Card View.” This new view is aimed at fixing some previous issues we were seeing, such as
  • A large amount of white spacing on the site
  • Bringing more focus on the core content of each page
  • Increasing information destiny
  • Providing a better and more modern visual experience
It's still in the beta phase; the new look currently only covers the main pages of the site, including:
  • Homepage
  • Full Forum Listing
  • Sub-forum
  • Thread and Article
  • What's New page
  • Search Results
It supports all the different variations of the site.
  • Dark and Light Mode
  • Mobile, Tablet and Desktop
Previous Mode (Comfort view)
  • If you prefer the old view (which we are now referring to as “Comfort view”), you can do so by clicking the menu in the upper right-hand corner, then clicking ‘View Mode” to select “Comfort view.”
We hope you like it as much as we do. Feel free to drop us any feedback you might have. We would love to hear from you!

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out by tagging or pm'ing @mike.shoss, @gkatsiochristos, @liang_VS, @Lalji.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
Our second piece of feedback represents all those I didn't want to infuriate had we not kept the old view:

I got used to the old "comfort" view and am now very comfortable with it. Perhaps I'll try card view again some time.

Reactions: liang_VS

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
610 Posts
Login required. :cool:
You are right by writing that.

But as long as the release notes are public on onefora it is better to have it this way because that section on SkyscraperCity is a moderator only section.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
A moderator on SkyscraperCity is saying:

and

Card View is still in BETA and not on all pages, so more tweaks to come. Will update the release notes shortly.

"It's still in the beta phase; the new look currently only covers the main pages of the site, including:
  • Homepage
  • Full Forum Listing
  • Sub-forum
  • Thread and Article
  • What's New page
  • Search Results"
Jeff M

Reactions: jtech

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
135 Posts
Card View has now migrated to more pages on SRF and I continue to like the clean look. (y)

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,868 Posts
I have several users hung up on the popup's language referring to the "Appearances Menu" as the place to go to change the view.

They complain that the forums don't actually have anything titled "Appearances menu" and that it's really under the "Site Navigation" dots.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
@Mike Lang

We have heard the same in CM also, we have these release notes that went live today that might help clear some things up.

Jeff M

1 - 15 of 15 Posts