OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Onefora Release Date: Fri, Dec 11th.
Tentative Release Date: Tues, Dec 15th @ 9:00 a.m.

Summary of Changes - User Facing
  • Character Limit: Globally increase maximum character limits for posts
    • Increase the message character limit from 50,000 to 100,000.
If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to reach out by tagging or pm'ing @mike.shoss, @gkatsiochristos, @liang_VS, @Lalji.

·
Registered
469 Posts
One of our mods was asking about something that was announced as a maybe in release note 80 (Nov. 11)

• Conversation Limit Increase for Mod and Admins Mods and Admins will be able to start a private conversation with up to 20 members.

He was wondering if there is any update on this one.

Anyway, happy weekend!

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
One of our mods was asking about something that was announced as a maybe in release note 80 (Nov. 11)

• Conversation Limit Increase for Mod and Admins Mods and Admins will be able to start a private conversation with up to 20 members.

Anyway, happy weekend!
@Jan this should now be live, I just tested on OneFora, and seem to be working correctly.

Also, next week we should have your Section Mod permissions updated.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Not working Patrol4x4 either, just tested and got message only 5 members to join this conversation.

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If by "next week" you meant "after the weekly upgrade" (which was today) then this permissions issue has not been solved.
Hey Team, we will monitor this, the release is still rolling out, hopefully, we will be able to confirm if this approach has resolved the above issue by EOD tomorrow. If not we will open a bug ticket. FYI @msaggu

·
Registered
SkyscraperCity Administrator
610 Posts

@Jan this should now be live, I just tested on OneFora, and seem to be working correctly.
I just checked my own permissions regarding the issue quoted above.

My permissions say:
Maximum conversation recipients: 5

Nevertheless I did not test it.

·
Staff
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just checked my own permissions regarding the issue quoted above.

My permissions say:
Maximum conversation recipients: 5

Nevertheless I did not test it.
Hi Everyone, I just want to provide an update. We finished running the release on all sites yesterday. We then tested the ability to add more than 5 participants to a conversation and we can confirm it is now working as expected. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with this. Thank you.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Resolved ;).

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Nothing seems to have changed regarding this one. The permission for section mods are still off.
It seems they pushed part 1 which updates any new Section Mods but did not retroactively fix already existing ones.

We will be talking with @Product @liangcui111 @mike.shoss about the retro fixes for after the 1st of the year.

Jeff M

·
Registered
610 Posts
It seems they pushed part 1 which updates any new Section Mods but did not retroactively fix already existing ones.

We will be talking with @Product @liangcui111 @mike.shoss about the retro fixes for after the 1st of the year.
Would it be a solution to remove existing Section Mods first and to add them again second to have them with the updated Section Mod profile?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Would it be a solution to remove existing Section Mods first and to add them again second to have them with the updated Section Mod profile?
You can give it a try to test it but I know you guys have hundreds of them.

We are looking at having it automated.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
It does not work no matter which way I tried.
What exactly is not working or which permissions are not updating?

Jeff M

·
Registered
610 Posts
I removed a moderator with a Section Mod profile from before VerticalScope did the recent changes but also from after the time VerticalScope created the new Section Mod profile a couple of months ago after the migration.
I added that moderator with the new Section Mod profile VerticalScope has created recently.
But after having checked his permissions they were displayed as the ones before such as no changes were made by VerticalScope to the recently updated Section Mod profile.

Perhaps I am wrong with my lines above.
So I apologize in advance for having caused confusion.
Nevertheless I think it still does not work as it should be.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
I will confirm what was completed with the team, the next steps, and report back once they are back from holiday.

Jeff M

·
Registered
469 Posts

Jeff M
When we add a section mod to a specific section, this mod has the forum-wide ability to delete threads, edit and delete post and check the ip of every post. This section mod also doesn't see, and has no acces to the mod forums (Area 51).

Basically it's the same kind of issues as the ones that have been extensively reported numerous times in the past many months, and for which an equal amount of fixes that were just around the corner have been announced.

Apologies for the sarcasm but this is getting tedious.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts