OneFora banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do some research members who routinely report Spam, threads in incorrect sub-forums, members behaving badly, etc... Or report too frequently aka the Nancy's & Karen's of the forum..

Our only function seems to be locating reports on the bad apples. Not those who report as they should, or report too frequently...

Can we load an option to search for members who smash that report button?

C.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
This is one more reason why I much prefer reports that create threads in area 51. Staff can subscribe & get instant emails if desired and you then get the full power of the search function so you can search that area by username to see who's doing a lot of reporting or getting reported a lot.

·
Registered
Michigan-Sportsman
44 Posts
This is one more reason why I much prefer reports that create threads in area 51. Staff can subscribe & get instant emails if desired and you then get the full power of the search function so you can search that area by username to see who's doing a lot of reporting or getting reported a lot.
I agree whole heartedly with this. That's how we used to handle it before the OneFora migration. It allowed mods to collectively comment on guys who were Karens.

·
Registered
UberPeople
182 Posts
Did anything ever happen with this idea?

I have one guy complaining that they’ve reported others and the report was rejected and we’re not doing our jobs and so on. I’d like to go back to see exactly what they’re talking about but without knowing who they reported I have no way of finding this information. In regards to this one guy’s particular complaint I’m pretty sure the item he reported was before migration therefore I wouldn’t have access to it anyway but it still shows a need for alternative ways to search reports.

It would also be nice to be able to filter reports originating from specific subforums. For instance, I want to see only reported items from my LA forum.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
848 Posts
Did anything ever happen with this idea?

I have one guy complaining that they’ve reported others and the report was rejected and we’re not doing our jobs and so on. I’d like to go back to see exactly what they’re talking about but without knowing who they reported I have no way of finding this information. In regards to this one guy’s particular complaint I’m pretty sure the item he reported was before migration therefore I wouldn’t have access to it anyway but it still shows a need for alternative ways to search reports.

It would also be nice to be able to filter reports originating from specific subforums. For instance, I want to see only reported items from my LA forum.
In our community anytime a report is received, staff will dispo the report and send the member a "Thank you for reporting" PM.
This let's the member know it was received and looked at by staff

·
Registered
UberPeople
182 Posts
In our community anytime a report is received, staff will dispo the report and send the member a "Thank you for reporting" PM.
This let's the member know it was received and looked at by staff
We don't send a PM but we send a note using the notification box available whenever we resolve or reject a report. I would just like to be able to find which report he was complaining about and see why he's whining.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree whole heartedly with this. That's how we used to handle it before the OneFora migration. It allowed mods to collectively comment on guys who were Karens.
Well a surprise to me, I left for a while because of the changes to the software. After almost 1 year I came back to help out. One of my issues is it is virtually impossible to discuss issues unless you use conversations, which has a maximum number of participants and a time limit on editing. Also after a while they get buried. A forum for reported posts/ actions taken / suggestions --and I would suggest in area 51. Also a section for adding instructions on maneuvering on the forum, the Staff instructions are in some cases at the extreme when a simpler solution is available. Better stop,

·
Registered
45 Posts
With the old software , all mods would get reported posts automatically. The content of the post and who reported it, also action taken. Now it is difficult to see , in particular repeat offenders.

·
Registered
537 Posts
With the old software , all mods would get reported posts automatically. The content of the post and who reported it, also action taken. Now it is difficult to see , in particular repeat offenders.
I'm hoping they(VerticalScope) start notifying mods/admins again in addition to the little Report at the top and put that report in Area 51 as before under vBulletin and before they started using that little Report thing at the top. We had a good clean way to deal with reports then and had a history to refer back to if needed. Advanced searches worked quite well then as well. Why they decided to stop doing it that way is beyond me. It was almost like them saying it worked great so let's destroy it so we can fix it. It just made no sense to me. I guess it justified their reason to be here, to fix things that worked great in vBulletin that don't with XenForo. :rolleyes: :whistle::mad:;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm hoping they(VerticalScope) start notifying mods/admins again in addition to the little Report at the top and put that report in Area 51 as before under vBulletin and before they started using that little Report thing at the top. We had a good clean way to deal with reports then and had a history to refer back to if needed. Advanced searches worked quite well then as well. Why they decided to stop doing it that way is beyond me. It was almost like them saying it worked great so let's destroy it so we can fix it. It just made no sense to me. I guess it justified their reason to be here, to fix things that worked great in vBulletin that don't with XenForo. :rolleyes: :whistle::mad:;)
I had a very long self help titled maneuvering as a super mod. As a administrator my ability is about 70% that of a super-mod with VBulletin. Sure I know the software now, however many members just up and left. There is no incentive to join or log in, unless you wish to post. We had 3 hidden forums, only way to see them was to log in. At one time we had over 5000 members logged in. Now we have 3 to 10 members and 131 guests. Unless people join, log in and post, things get pretty dull after a while. Absolutely no privacy with this software. Several really good members were former motorcycle forum owners, they made suggestions and comments, all were ignored. My hope is some changes will be made, as there is no point in having this forum without listening. JMHO

1 - 10 of 10 Posts