OneFora banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Staff
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello everyone!

As part of NPS feedback, we’ve heard users complain about how difficult it can be to use the Search functionality on our forums. To address these concerns, we’ve made changes to improve user experience. This includes:

Enhancing search results title by including the search keyword used
Font Screenshot Technology Software Rectangle

Merging advanced search tabs with the search results page so users can sort results by categories without having to leave the page
Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Rectangle

Integrating advanced search filters directly into the search results page

Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Rectangle

As part of release 145, we will be deploying to a handful of pilot sites (see below) to test out the enhancements and get feedback. If all looks good, we'll aim to deploy globally to all sites as part release 146 or release 147.

Please note that while these changes address user experience improvements, we are still looking to improve the quality of search results served in the future.

Please check out the pilot sites and try it for yourself! If you have any feedback at all please share it in this thread.

Pilot Sites

·
Registered
Fury Forums, Slingshot Forums, PerfectUnion
108 Posts
Personally I find Advanced search to be "quite good." However, the enhanced Search sounds more better. and I'm looking forward to sites being broken for two months until all those advanced features get ironed out and work properly, at which point members will wonder how they got by on our current engine because the new Search Engine will be so good. :LOL:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Tried it out with a phrase in quotes--seems to have provided better results 😁

I have created a poll (good for 1 week) asking members to try it and report the findings.

We shall see what the results are/report back here then.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum + several others
2,803 Posts
Well, the results are in:

NO ONE VOTED :mad:.

So much for trying to improves our lives but in any case, thanks OF for trying (y)
The only replies we got were more complaints about how you're forced to start typing in the search bar before the forum/thread options appear.

·
246 Posts
The only replies we got were more complaints about how you're forced to start typing in the search bar before the forum/thread options appear.
This post and thread resembles something we had today. A member posted requesting advice on his motorcycle, now 16 hours ago, at the 12 hour point he posted this
I guess no one works on their own motorcycles on this forum? I'll look for advice somewhere else. This forum is snoozeville.

Here are a couple replies:

"Also... complaining after 12 hours is a bit too soon:) You'll find a wealth of info here if you're willing to dig/search/wait. "

"
no need to be snarky, dude. you posted your initial post 12 hours before the snide post I quoted. give people some time to wake up and see your thread instead of talking trash and being impatient

PS - learn how to use the search function or the factory service manual rather than being a jerk "

So I check in on OneFora when a reply to a interest thread comes up. However wouldn't it be nice to get a alert in our own forum requesting input from our members and from Onefora members. Keep in mind I am a volunteer, this isn't a job, but when I read this I think I would be better off to spend my free time some place else.

I have noticed the search feature but we get upwards of 16 spammers requesting membership per day, my time is limited, and my preference is helping others. I find this last post offensive. JMHO

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
So I check in on OneFora when a reply to a interest thread comes up. However wouldn't it be nice to get a alert in our own forum requesting input from our members and from Onefora members. Keep in mind I am a volunteer, this isn't a job, but when I read this I think I would be better off to spend my free time some place else.

Not sure I understand what you asking here, can you clarify?

·
246 Posts
Not sure I understand what you asking here, can you clarify?
This thread started out :As part of NPS feedback, we’ve heard users complain about how difficult it can be to use the Search functionality on our forums. To address these concerns, we’ve made changes to improve user experience. This includes:

And the last post #10 The only replies we got were more complaints about how you're forced to start typing in the search bar before the forum/thread options appear.

So a sore point is this is going on almost 2 years, when members can't find something they start a new thread . The search function still sucks-there is a thread called Offroad conversions and offroad conversions 2.0 I just did a search "off road conversions" Also Off road conversions" -478 hits, none showing the thread labeled offroad conversions or the 2.0 - once you join the words from off road to offroad it can then find the threads--my point is a spelling mistake or grammar mistake on the original thread makes it not possible to search for it later unless you know -for instance I searched "conversion 2.0 "-it found the thread
On our home forum there is a
Website & Account Support
Wouldn't it be nice to post in here, something like a what is happening newsletter on improvements-as a mod I could file a report back to Onefora from what members thought..
Right now there is no feedback on our forum from members.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
On our home forum there is a
Website & Account Support
Wouldn't it be nice to post in here, something like a what is happening newsletter on improvements-as a mod I could file a report back to Onefora from what members thought..
Right now there is no feedback on our forum from members.
Got it,

Yes, you can ask for search improvements feedback there and report back here if you would like.

Reactions: 37221
1 - 15 of 15 Posts