OneFora banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today's release notes surprised me. It seems odd to me to have admin tutorials in the publicly viewable release notes. Not only is it useless to 99.99% of readers, it could offer a peek behind the curtain that shouldn't really exist. Especially when more detailed stuff gets released moving forward.

These seem better suited to the staff-only sections each site has.

Am I alone in this thinking?

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
No your not, didn't realise that was the case, all Mod/Admin detail should be kept within the field of operation.

G

·
There was mention of the admin panel in the release notes, but nothing sensitive was disclosed there. The actual tutorials are not visible unless the logged in person is an admin.

Here's a screenshot showing one of my test users (BUser). No Admin FAQ visible. It's also not visible to a logged out member.

And here's my VS-Tess account, which has the same admin privileges that an admin would have on a site - Admin CP FAQ visible.

This sort of permission based view will likely be used for other things in the future, for admins, and possibly for vendors, as well, since some content is specific to those types of users.

Hopes that help explain! Have a great evening. :)

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Thanks for explanation.

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 4 of 4 Posts