OneFora banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Read Only
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has this been discussed, yet? We used to be able to have signature pictures. Can this be brought back?

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Are you getting an error adding a pic to your sig?

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
you can still have signature pics....no change there
the pic just cannot be a gif
just upload the pic in your your sig with attachment clip
Nature Blue Red Photograph Bird

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Nice running chains, No snorkel?

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
I have raised before months ago but there has been no further action, I just had a strange issue that infuriated me but seemed to resolve itself for some strange reason, but, the basic issue is still underlying. I have 8 links in my signature (these migrated across from vB), 5 of which are for tech threads within the forum, the other 3 are as follows:
1. My Channel, which is my youtube channel where I have made vids on modifications that can be done to a Patrol.
2. Powercurve, which is a tuning and mechanical business that supports our forum events.
3. Performance Tech, which is a sole trader ECU modification business that also supports our forum.

Just had something strange happen where when I tested the latter 3 links wouldn't work and when I tried to redo one link I got the 'only one link allowed' message. So, this might be OK for Joe Blow but I don't think this should apply to Premium Members or guys like me and other Admins or Mods who work very hard on our forums for absobloodylutely nothing, zero, zilch. I think it is time this was reviewed. Look forward to your input.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
I have raised before months ago but there has been no further action, I just had a strange issue that infuriated me but seemed to resolve itself for some strange reason, but, the basic issue is still underlying. I have 8 links in my signature (these migrated across from vB), 5 of which are for tech threads within the forum, the other 3 are as follows:
1. My Channel, which is my youtube channel where I have made vids on modifications that can be done to a Patrol.
2. Powercurve, which is a tuning and mechanical business that supports our forum events.
3. Performance Tech, which is a sole trader ECU modification business that also supports our forum.

Just had something strange happen where when I tested the latter 3 links wouldn't work and when I tried to redo one link I got the 'only one link allowed' message. So, this might be OK for Joe Blow but I don't think this should apply to Premium Members or guys like me and other Admins or Mods who work very hard on our forums for absobloodylutely nothing, zero, zilch. I think it is time this was reviewed. Look forward to your input.
First of all, thank you for all the help and input in advance. The past year has been a major journey for us all.

At this time the link limit is by design to avoid multiple links from clogging up the view or allowing users to spam and to promote their business etc. It could become a possible feature for Admins to help direct traffic to FAQ's, tutorials, or other noteworthy threads at some point or a possible premium membership perk down the road.

Anybody else have any input? I would like to see others' thoughts before I get a ticket created for future consideration when we review features like this with upcoming releases after the priority bug fixes.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
This is one of those things that staff members should definitely be exempt from.
We use sig links to promote various aspects of the sites and are not prone to any of the concerns that led to the limitations.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
This is one of those things that staff members should definitely be exempt from.
We use sig links to promote various aspects of the sites and are not prone to any of the concerns that led to the limitations.
Yeah, I have used it in the past to direct users to FAQ's, community help section, or other noteworthy notices.

Just want to get some others input to make sure all voice are heard and we build out something that fits all needs.

Jeff M

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.