Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 740 Posts

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

We have some exciting news that we will be inviting the head admin and some power users from SkyscraperCity - Powered by vBulletin to preview Alpha Labs this week.

I would like to keep this thread for them to ask us all questions and interact with the current Alpha Labs participants. We will direct them to them all to the introduction area first but this thread will be for VS staff and veteran Alpha Labs participants to engage with them and share knowledge of this new platform.

For all you can see some tutorials on how to use this new platform here: Tutorials

Note these sections below are all sample data that you guys can play with and not have to worry about users interacting as the accounts have been anonymized.

Thank you all in advance for being part of Alpha Labs,
Jeff M

Reactions: Guest and Jan

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is there a way to enlarge the image as part of this page? If I click the image, it points to the source (in this case an open source Flickr image), but as skylines are our core business, a quick maximum width option would be nice.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent. Jan present. :)
Welcome!

I will get your account permissions setup shortly.

Is there a way to enlarge the image as part of this page? If I click the image, it points to the source (in this case an open source Flickr image), but as skylines are our core business, a quick maximum width option would be nice.
You can upload images and choose to show them as a thumbnail or a full-size image.

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

Added Note: You can also just drag and drop an image into the content area of the text editor or even copy/paste it there! :)

You can check out some other tutorials here:

Jeff M

Reactions: Jan

·
Registered
476 Posts
^ okay, I just played around a bit by pressing the "thumbnail' and "full image" buttons after the image had been uploaded, but it seems that every time I pressed that button it copied the image into the post.

Other than that, the screen-size image looks great, thanks! However, I cannot click the image posted in post #5?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^ okay, I just played around a bit by pressing the "thumbnail' and "full image" buttons after the image had been uploaded, but it seems that every time I pressed that button it copied the image into the post.

Other than that, the screen-size image looks great, thanks! However, I cannot click the image posted in post #5?
When you choose to toggle "Thumbnail" or "Full Image" here it will insert the image where your cursor is in the post. The below example is a thumbnail and you can click to expand it in a new window. Let me know if this one works.

Sky Building Skyscraper World Tower block

Rectangle Beige Electric blue Font Pattern

Jeff M

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^ working good, thanks. I presume that every time I toggle I'm inserting an image/thumbnail?
Correct, you can insert the image multiple times if needed.

You should have your Admin permissions setup now so you can check out the Moderator and Admin functions.

You will have to set up Two-Factor Authentication to view the Admin CP, details here:

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Ugh, found it. This is just me and my thick clumsy fingers, but if I scroll down the little edge on the right, I can get down to the "submit preferences" button. Sorry about that, but problem fixed!
Welcome Jan!
@AG Jeff - If Jan had trouble with that, think how many less technically inclined folks will hit a barrier on that page. It may need some redesign work.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Welcome Jan!
@AG Jeff - If Jan had trouble with that, think how many less technically inclined folks will hit a barrier on that page. It may need some redesign work.
I will put a design bug into for that.

Ref # 171469813

Jeff M

·
Registered
476 Posts
^ I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm from an old generation that barely has any muscle memory when it comes to using mobile phones.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Yeah but most of us have no shortage of "old generation" users that we don't want to alienate with a page that could be tweaked a bit to eliminate any stumbling blocks.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
1 - 20 of 740 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.