OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and sometimes gets an oops message
alpha labs - mark forum read is instantaneous
while slkworld, newly converted, take about 2-10 seconds, depending on time of day and number of members on?
to mark as read.....
is that because of still fine tuning? because of less members and threads on alpha labs?

is it necessary when marking forums read, to have a 'confirm' message? can't that be toggled on/off?
i am pretty sure if i want to mark forums read, i don't need to confirm it. it is not like i am deleting something.

Thanks for listening to my gripes :D

JB

·
Registered
286 Posts
This is likely due to database sizing issues (eg. database loads) ... they are being re-sized tomorrow, so let's check back on Wednesday and see if you are still seeing the problem.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
This is likely due to database sizing issues (eg. database loads) ... they are being re-sized tomorrow, so let's check back on Wednesday and see if you are still seeing the problem.
Thanks for that, I wasn't sure if it was something my end or not, yes it is erratic sometimes instantaneous other times painful, today is painful.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did it happen? cause it took 17 seconds to mark all forums read just know

just sayin :D

·
Staff
42 Posts
Regression testing went long so our code release got bumped until tomorrow, so sadly 3pm didn't happen, though that said we're going ahead with the infrastructure update right now and is just finishing up, so crossing fingers that solves the timing on that, if not we'll dive deeper into that particular issue and fix via code as it sounds like it could be very database intensive at the moment.

·
Administrator SLKWorld
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just came back up
took 3 secs to mark read but not a true test as only like 3 people were on after the 30 min maintenance
will report later/tomorrow :D

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
3 seconds here as well just now with 16 members on line, do 'guest' numbers impact on that at all, we had around 400?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
The number of guests/users wouldn't impact this in any way. But glad it's performing better now.
Thanks, good to know.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
We have a winner, 2 seconds this morning ?, just realised my favourite little smiley icon, or whatever we call them these days, was the dancing banana especially the one that went backwards and forwards, it was a great little item for special occasions, I thought I would use it here but it has sadly disappeared.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts