OneFora banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part One :) still working my way through, especially on the meaning of some components.
I know this has been raised before but not sure where it went, I would love to have limited Colour, Font and Size back in the fold, basically across the board not just in Sig area, maybe even if just for Premium Members and Admins/Mods.

Max Links in Sig. I actually have 8 in mine (see pic at bottom, links in red), most to articles/info to help members, especially newbies when I say see link in my Sig, the others are for business's that support annual and biennial events I organise. Haven't been game to try it as sig seemed to come across from vB OK but if I attempt to change it I may lose it. Similar editing issues in My Build, I use the first post as an index, I can no longer modify that as I get this strange message about number of tags and it won't let me add another item to the index (there has been a ticket in on this for quite some time), if I could see 'tags' like i used to be able to and it is those it is referring, maybe I could fix it myself.

Reactions: jtech

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I recently went through all privileges in the one size fits all 'supermod' listing in p4x4 analyse permissions section to better understand the differentiation in rites even though we have the same name (to me unacceptable and hoping this is being worked on), it contains entities other than members and modadmins listed as 'supermods', this caused some criticism from my fellow admins and to my surprise when I check they have 10 links in signature available to them and everyone else has 1. As posted in OP I have 8 and reasons explained, they migrated but if I try to change anything in there I lose them all.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
This is going to be a deeper dive discussion that we will have to have with @Product as we will move more into 2020.

I know that the "legacy" signatures did convert over hence why some users additional links and formatting was grandfathered over. That is why you are unable to edit and save them unless you conform to the "new standard".

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
That's how it usually works...migrated info ignores limits like that when it gets imported but if you attempt to edit it in any way post-migration, the limits then apply.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is going to be a deeper dive discussion that we will have to have with @Product as we will move more into 2020.

I know that the "legacy" signatures did convert over hence why some users additional links and formatting was grandfathered over. That is why you are unable to edit and save them unless you conform to the "new standard".

Jeff M
That's how it usually works...migrated info ignores limits like that when it gets imported but if you attempt to edit it in any way post-migration, the limits then apply.
Yep, found that out early in the game, backed out very quickly.

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 5 of 5 Posts