Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
post 1 is the "adjusted by me version"
I wonder if the user just typed in the ****.

We are not using wild cards for the core swears so if it becomes a problem we can add the variations or wild cards also per community.

Just hit up Area 51 on your home community to request any that are not covered.

Jeff

·
Registered
Powerstroke .Org & Powerstroke Nation
38 Posts
why does the full word as one word get past the filter motherfu#$%r ( i can't even try to type it properly in case it posts here also lol

·
Registered
495 Posts
Good old preview.

Yep, MF will post.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
why does the full word as one word get past the filter motherfu#$%r ( i can't even try to type it properly in case it posts here also lol
We did not use wildcards when adding the terms so sometimes need to remove/add the plurals or variations.

If one becomes a major issue in your home community post in your Area 51 section or your Core Thread here and we can help out.

Jeff

Reactions: Avel Du

·
Registered
Powerstroke .Org & Powerstroke Nation
38 Posts
why would diesel bombers as one word block dieselbombers on powerstroke . org
just replaces it with ***
see below for what I was trying to post but the profanity blocker ruins the link

and why would this post on onefora need approval ?
This message is awaiting moderator approval, and is invisible to normal visitors.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to leave the swear filters to be adjusted by the individual Admin on each separate site?

The way it was before.

By making everything standard across all forums/sites it doesn't allow for different countries etc and what they consider to be rude or not rude.

A daft example could be Poo head in one country could be a rude insult and in another it could be the name of a place (you know what I mean😄).

Just some thoughts :)

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
why would diesel bombers as one word block dieselbombers on powerstroke . org
just replaces it with ***
see below for what I was trying to post but the profanity blocker ruins the link

and why would this post on onefora need approval ?
Sometimes editing to adding links can trigger the spam filter if you have not been active recently.

Post Approved.

Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to leave the swear filters to be adjusted by the individual Admin on each separate site?
The way it was before.
By making everything standard across all forums/sites it doesn't allow for different countries etc and what they consider to be rude or not rude.

If one becomes a major issue in your home community post in your Area 51 section or your Core Thread here and we can help out.
See the post above, we do have a standard set of hate speech guidelines that we rolled out globally and can adjust per community if needed.

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
174 Posts
I would really prefer that the filter work like an Amismet match and put the post into the approval queue. I don't consider the representation of the word to be any better than the actual word, and the context may also be a problem.

·
Registered
285 Posts
The way Xenforo is right now only the Super Admins have access to that feature. For us to have access, product would have to build out a fix to give us those permissions..
Very true but surely it would be better and easier for each community to tune their own filters, like it used to be.

·
Registered
DieselPlace
923 Posts
Very true but surely it would be better and easier for each community to tune their own filters, like it used to be.
It would but.. product has plenty of irons in the fire and building out permissions is kinda low priority right now I would think..

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
It would but.. product has plenty of irons in the fire and building out permissions is kinda low priority right now I would think..
Yes but there are specific ones that we have to have banned for legal and policy concerns so they will stay in the hands of Super Admin for now.

We have maybe had to edit 4-5 words on a handful of UK communities since rolling this out earlier this year.

Reactions: Nick Phillips

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yes but there are specific ones that we have to have banned for legal and policy concerns so they will stay in the hands of Super Admin for now.

We have maybe had to edit 4-5 words on a handful of UK communities since rolling this out earlier this year.
Thanks for the clarification mate👍

I had one on WSF that was blanking out the first name of one of our best members.
His name is Mike lol😄😄

I guess the word Mike must be something bad in another country lol

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Thanks for the clarification mate👍

I had one on WSF that was blanking out the first name of one of our best members.
His name is Mike lol😄😄

I guess the word Mike must be something bad in another country lol
Please post the link to the example in Area 51 or your core thread and we can look into it.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.