OneFora banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
174 Posts
I believe that there are many words that can be used the wrong way, and that we shouldn't unilaterally just ban them when the majority of the time they are used in the correct way.
Ah, I see. And I agree with you to the point that I don't think we should be automatically banning any words.

That said, VS disagrees, and the censoring exists, so we basically have to work wth it.

·
Registered
1911 Addicts
23 Posts
Ah, I see. And I agree with you to the point that I don't think we should be automatically banning any words.

That said, VS disagrees, and the censoring exists, so we basically have to work wth it.
Don't take this wrong, but I posted with the intent to hear from VS. Just because a decision was made does not mean there can't be further discussion on it.

·
Registered
SkyRoadster
174 Posts
Don't take this wrong, but I posted with the intent to hear from VS. Just because a decision was made does not mean there can't be further discussion on it.
I think that we are discussing it.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
As @AG Jeff has mentioned a few times now, we have not released a full list.

If you have an issue with a specific word, please post to Area 51 on your home site for assistance.
I believe that there are many words that can be used the wrong way, and that we shouldn't unilaterally just ban them when the majority of the time they are used in the correct way.
@Razer please see the above post.

Reactions: Razer

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Ok kids, this is a Product section, not Chatter.

Reactions: RoscoAU

·
Registered
160 Posts
In England it is used as a derogatory term for someone of Irish descent.
We have plenty of famous ***** , some examples who do not consider their name derogatory in any way , shape or form

Simply Reds **** Hucknall

Guitarist **** Taylor ex Rolling Stones

**** McCarthy professional football manager, pundit, and former player.

**** Mars, American musician and the lead guitarist and co-founder of the rock band Motley Crue .

**** Channon an English former professional footballer

**** Foley

The list is endless

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
As @AG Jeff has mentioned a few times now, we have not released a full list.

If you have an issue with a specific word, please post to Area 51 on your home site for assistance.
We have plenty of famous * , some examples who do not consider their name derogatory in any way , shape or form

Simply Reds **** Hucknall

Guitarist **** Taylor ex Rolling Stones

**** McCarthy professional football manager, pundit, and former player.

**** Mars, American musician and the lead guitarist and co-founder of the rock band Motley Crue .

**** Channon an English former professional footballer

**** Foley

The list is endless
See the above post.

We are not adjusting word filters here on OneFora.

If you have a specific censored word causing issues on your home site, please post to Area 51 there.

This thread is now closed.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.