OneFora banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot say for sure it happens every time, but it is often. When replying to a thread my post does not show until I refresh page, I have also noticed similar with moderation and this one stood out just now, a new member had asked the same question in 2 sections, I informed him that all that did was confuse members and that I would close one, hit close and nothing happened, but I remembered coming across this before and so hit refresh, then the closed sign came up, this can be very confusing to the mod/admin doing the close, if that is a form of asking for confirmation then surely it should be an actual question?

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
I cannot say for sure it happens every time, but it is often. When replying to a thread my post does not show until I refresh page, I have also noticed similar with moderation and this one stood out just now, a new member had asked the same question in 2 sections, I informed him that all that did was confuse members and that I would close one, hit close and nothing happened, but I remembered coming across this before and so hit refresh, then the closed sign came up, this can be very confusing to the mod/admin doing the close, if that is a form of asking for confirmation then surely it should be an actual question?
@Ross Wittig

Can you snag us a screenshot or link next time this happens to dig deeper? Maybe a video or exact steps to recreate if the above does not work.

I used this free tool called Jing and it can grab screenshots and videos - https://www.techsmith.com/jing-tool.html

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,888 Posts
I've seen the need to refresh the page on this site after submitting an image, but not just text.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,534 Posts
I've seen the need to refresh the page on this site after submitting an image, but not just text.
Same as the NSFW filter mentions page refresh to view and image.

Jeff M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts