OneFora banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I make a thread always open to first post? I notice the sticky's seem to do that but when I made it a sticky that didn't work.

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
419 Posts
From my experience any thread you open will always go to your last read post. I like it that way, don't have to scroll past what I've already read.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my experience any thread you open will always go to your last read post. I like it that way, don't have to scroll past what I've already read.
Of course but for what I am doing that doesn't work. My first page will have all the info with links to all the posts so you don't have to scroll to it. This is an info forum and no posting in the few I set up. Now it could possibly go to the 100 post and you need to go to the top to see what is available below instead of scrolling. It is the index page

I want to change it for just these forums I am setting up

·
Registered
486 Posts
Just for one thread? I think (but am not sure) if you "unfollow" that thread, it will open to post 1 every time. Just guessing though-->try it and see.

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
419 Posts
What I see in admin portal under the forum section that might do it. If selected the thread should display by date that would always start with the first post.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nope, opens to where you last "visited". Tried on a few threads that I reviewed but did not post in (so "not following") and it went to the last post I saw earlier today (but had more posts in it after that one).

·
Registered
419 Posts
You tried start date? Worked for me.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tried start date but didn't have clock. I'll try again

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see all of what you have @lesblank . I don't have anything below save--using Chrome Browser. I did click the start date-- NO dice

·
Registered
ChallengerForumZ
49 Posts
Each post is numbered, this one is #10. Click on the number top left of the post. It should open to that number so you can copy the link & post it.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay I know about the # and the link but where do I post it. In the edit forum there is a url portion but when I post it there it says oops I must enter a value of 50 characters or fewer. Confused

·
Registered
ChallengerForumZ
49 Posts
Okay I know about the # and the link but where do I post it. In the edit forum there is a url portion but when I post it there it says oops I must enter a value of 50 characters or fewer. Confused
I just paste the link in the post.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just paste the link in the post.
So everytime I add a post I have to move the link? I thought about that but the stickys that we have all go to post #1. There must be a way.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Is this what you are looking for, it is in our FAQ - HERE

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is this what you are looking for, it is in our FAQ - HERE

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.

That will work for those that know that info. Thanks... I didn't know about it tho

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 15 of 15 Posts