OneFora banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning at electriciantalk.com I got the email for the code which I inserted-- yes, the code was correct-- I got an oops something went wrong. Tried again and same thing.. Got a second email tried that code same thing. I just tried again after an hour or so and the third code worked. This has happened to me before where I have had to use my codes.

Has anyone had this issue or is it just my experience

·
Registered
starbike, vulcan, yamaha-forum, yamahaforum, HD Street, Blue Oval Fanatics, GT350
419 Posts
Happens to me pretty often. I use Authy for phone and tablet. It's a copy and paste so I'm sure the code is right. When I go back to Authy to double check code, there's a new code that almost always work. I chock it up to the first code was just about to time out when I copied it.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
2FA is a disaster with Tapatalk. I've rec'd as many as 6 different email codes within seconds not knowing which one would work.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe there is a 15 minute time limit for each code

Yes there is but I put the code in within 2 minutes or so.
2FA is a disaster with Tapatalk. I've rec'd as many as 6 different email codes within seconds not knowing which one would work.

I never used tapatalk or any app. This is on my surface pro. Sometimes the code comes late but that could be my email account.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
@Dennis Alwon You all good now?

We have had this happen also but unable to pinpoint the root cause of the issue.

Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
I find sometimes that if you copy and paste the code it will leave an extra space on the left side causing an error
I think that could be it, try writing it down and typing it in next time?

·
Registered
537 Posts
That's using Chrome.. Not sure if it happens with other browsers
That’s weird, I never had it happen with Brave which is just a trimmed down version of Chrome from what I read about it.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find sometimes that if you copy and paste the code it will leave an extra space on the left side causing an error
I think that could be it, try writing it down and typing it in next time?

Nope I typed it and copied it. I tried it all-- I am using Chrome

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@Dennis Alwon You all good now?

We have had this happen also but unable to pinpoint the root cause of the issue.

Jeff

Yes I got on as I stated in the op.... It just a drag when it happens

Reactions: Lalji and AG Jeff

·
Staff
277 Posts
Yeah, I've had this happen too... Hard to pinpoint the issue. It might even be that the codes get out of sync or something.

·
ElectricianTalk.com
Electricians Talk
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It happened again yesterday. I finally had to use my backup code

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
@VS_Carly I know we chatted about this the other day.

Jeff

Reactions: VS_Carly

·
Registered
VarmintHunters
22 Posts
I have had it happen when I copied and pasted. Now I just keep in my mind and put it in and haven't had any problems. The only problem I have is I usually sign on about 4:00 - 4:30AM Eastern time and I don't get the code for awhile. Lucky for me I have another computer where the 2 step comes at a different time of he month so I can get on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts