OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Per @Goose17 suggestion, we will try to add some notes in advance of upcoming releases.

Labs: Friday November 15th
All sites: Tuesday November 19th

User-facing changes:
- increased search results from a maximum of 200 results, up to 500 results
- square-ish avatars will be released
- CSS performance improvements (in particular, eliminating some render-blockers)

Let us know of any questions or concerns!

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
What are Render-blockers ?

Oooh - Definitely like the Square-ish Avatars !!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To over-simplify, because I'm not very technical... It is when a piece of code pauses your browser to load. It blocks everything else on the page, until that one item is loaded/rendered. So, it's not very performance-friendly as it hogs/blocks all resources until it's done.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
So is it like on our site when we open a post w/an attach photo, the paragraph loads first w/o photo and after a few seconds the photo pops up?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this case, it's CSS which is the cascading style sheet. So would not have anything to do with photos posted in post content. Those are dealt with under the "lazy loading images" and rather than all being loaded as one big chunk, would instead be 'lazy loaded' as you scroll down the page and get close to the image.
Hopefully it makes sense, if not, I can certainly ask someone more technical than myself to chime in.
Are you having issues with photos being loaded in posts?

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
Probably go over my head away. I self thought everything I knew about vBulletin and now working on XenForo....

One question though; How do you get rid of the annoying Ads !

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
How do you get rid of the annoying Ads !
Premium membership, which the admin staff is still working on. Many older members (myself included) were grandfathered in from the old premium membership.

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
Mmmm.... I'm the only fully active Admin at thenewx.org - doesn't count I take it.... :)

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
On my site this would have been Banned and/or Removed !
Being that we are a family friendly site...

Can you get me the screenshot or link to what you are seeing and we will look into it?

I will check your profile on TheNewX and get you set up for premium.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Ooops.... Just showed up again & the link is above in Post #10;
View attachment 3880
Not seeing it except for your pic of it......... I wouldn't want that on P4x4 as we went through a lot of BS with this years ago to make it a more family friendly site and this could give the wrong impression to some who may follow up with their own pics.

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
373 Posts
This was not on my site, but here, (alpha labs), and that is why I asked how do I get rid of the annoying Ads....

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Not seeing it except for your pic of it......... I wouldn't want that on P4x4 as we went through a lot of BS with this years ago to make it a more family friendly site and this could give the wrong impression to some who may follow up with their own pics.
This was not on my site, but here, (alpha labs), and that is why I asked how do I get rid of the annoying Ads....
I am wondering if this is just an Ad setting on Labs only, let us know if you see anything like this on your live sites.

Side Note, any chance you have the NSFW filter set to "show sensitive and or mature content" here.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
I am wondering if this is just an Ad setting on Labs only, let us know if you see anything like this on your live sites.

Side Note, any chance you have the NSFW filter set to "show sensitive and or mature content" here.

Jeff M
Thanks, went there and also found the expand signature box, easy peasy, my home Forum already had these ticked :confused:, Hmmmmmmmmmmm!

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Reactions: Old Navy
1 - 20 of 28 Posts