OneFora banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Staff
GamingFora
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're updating the Profile Preview Popup, and wanted to give everyone here a preview on how it looks. Specifically,
  • We have a visual overhaul on the window itself, attempting to make it more organized.
  • We're updating user tag colors, making them more modern and we're grouping them color wise for better usability.
  • The "Last Seen" doing something information will only be available to mods and admins.
Let us know your thoughts!

OLD

NEW (Desktop and Mobile)

@jli

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
@liangVS I personally do not like people to see what thread I'm reading. I think that should be limited to mods/admins only. There is some "interesting" content on some of our forums, and I don't think we'd want the whole world to see what thread.
I don't mind, like on the old view, where it says "Viewing content" that is fine.... but "viewing a specific thread" feels invasive to me.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
@liangVS I personally do not like people to see what thread I'm reading. I think that should be limited to mods/admins only. There is some "interesting" content on some of our forums, and I don't think we'd want the whole world to see what thread.
I don't mind, like on the old view, where it says "Viewing content" that is fine.... but "viewing a specific thread" feels invasive to me.
I agree, I do think it is a handy tool for Mods and Admin in general assessment of how things are working.

Reactions: Goose17 and Guest

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
Agree, in VB I always used Invisible Mode:

Use Invisible Mode
Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
Use Invisible Mode

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,869 Posts
I learned to use invisible mode long ago after users would PM me something like " I know you looked at the thread I reported because I was watching your profile page". :oops:

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,468 Posts
I learned to use invisible mode long ago after users would PM me something like " I know you looked at the thread I reported because I was watching your profile page". :oops:
Yeah, users will def creep the Admins.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,344 Posts
Agree, in VB I always used Invisible Mode:

Use Invisible Mode
Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists.
Use Invisible Mode

Jeff M
Me 3 always have on our site, sometimes it is like being stalked, lol.

Reactions: AG Jeff
1 - 8 of 8 Posts