OneFora banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Staff
GamingFora
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After migrating to our new site, we've been hearing a lot of feedback on the avatars, mainly:
  • They're not big enough
  • The circle shape (along with the rings for mods and premium users) crops out too much of the profile picture.
We're making update to address this issue. Here are the previews, let us know your thoughts!

They will also be reflected in other pages outside of threads:

@jli

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
I dig it, think the community and site staff will also.

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Cool I like it and so will our members I'm sure. Obvious question! When do we get it?

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
Bigger avatars will be a welcomed change. Now, if we could only get bigger signature pictures, we’d be cook’n with gas! ?

Reactions: AG Jeff

·
Registered
75 Posts
What size would make more sense to you?

Helena
Here are some screen shots from my iPad. I’d like to see the signature pics width limits widened to match the width of text area of the page. As it is now, the signature pics fill about 2/3rds of that area.

Here is mine:

Here is another member’s:

Reactions: Guest

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts
Looks like the larger round Avatars are now live on Labs only for testing.

If all goes well it will update on live sites next Tuesday.

Jeff M

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
On the subject of avatars, for some reason I had to put the text of mine off center towards the right for it to show up centered in the final avatar. You can see how off it is by going into my profile to edit it. Here it is...

G

·
Here are some screen shots from my iPad. I’d like to see the signature pics width limits widened to match the width of text area of the page. As it is now, the signature pics fill about 2/3rds of that area.
That's what I thought you meant :D

On the subject of avatars, for some reason I had to put the text of mine off center towards the right for it to show up centered in the final avatar. You can see how off it is by going into my profile to edit it. Here it is...
I had mentioned this, it would be good if you could choose the area you want to center on, I think google and Instagram allow you to do it this way.

·
Registered
286 Posts
@liangVS dunno how I missed this... But

Bigger avatars will be a welcomed change. Now, if we could only get bigger signature pictures, we’d be cook’n with gas! ?
We need to be cooking with gas! 100% agree with @Goose17 the signature limits are lame and bizarre right now. We need to find a way to make them desktop-sized but also still mobile friendly. Right now they are teeny tiny on desktop...

·
Registered
75 Posts

We need to be cooking with gas! 100% agree with @Goose17 the signature limits are lame and bizarre right now. We need to find a way to make them desktop-sized but also still mobile friendly. Right now they are teeny tiny on desktop...
Teeny tiny on my iPad as well.

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Re signature, on P4x4 I have no pics but a few comments in various colours and 8 links in red as shown below, 6 links are internal, 2 offsite, as shown below. I went to do a change the other day and a message came up when I hit save 'you can only have 2 links in your signature', so I had to back out. My signature carried over from vB and under the new system cannot be modified.
(I have a similar issue with the first post in my build thread where I use the first post as an index, if I try to add an item I get a message about excess Tags??? and won't change, this is being investigated and I have a ticket number, but no result as yet).

·
Registered
TheNewX Admin
375 Posts
On thenewx.org -
My Posting Profile info is limited to this;

Old Navy
Administrator

Joined Jun 25, 2006
19,463 Posts

My Signature is limited to this;

"D'Garv" - TNX Administrator
TNX Member #272
2006 Silver Lightning ❌terra "S" 4x4 5AT
Live Free, Drink Good Beer, Eat More Sushi.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,556 Posts

I got a ticket going to increase the maximum image size in signatures from 300x200 to 600x400, maybe we can test it out here?

Reference CL-1498

Jeff M

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
I got a ticket going to increase the maximum image size in signatures from 300x200 to 600x400, maybe we can test it out here?

Reference CL-1498

Jeff M
Sounds like a plan, I thought we were the guinea pigs here?

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
75 Posts

Reference CL-1498

Jeff M
I just uploaded a signature picture... still tiny here.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts