OneFora banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, just went to log back into P4x4 and it says down for maintenance, just remembered its Friday, that's cool, seeing as we are on the other side of the world this happens at an often inconvenient time, not asking you to move it just asking if it is possible for a reminder to go out for when and rough downtime, I'm assuming this update is a global thing so one reminder should do it????????
Ross

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Conversely, what we could do to preempt any complaints is to put up a notice in 'Forum News' that for the time being updates could occurr between x and y hours on any given Friday?

Reactions: Guest

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
This would be handy. The active regular members would definitely appreciate a heads-up on forum downtimes.

·
Staff
GamingFora
356 Posts
Great suggestion guys, we're building our internal global management tool, this could be one of the functions to have, to allow our operation teams to post global announcements across the site for events like these.

I'll reflect this in our product discussion meetings.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Great suggestion guys, we're building our internal global management tool, this could be one of the functions to have, to allow our operation teams to post global announcements across the site for events like these.

I'll reflect this in our product discussion meetings.
We're also moving away from requiring 'maintenance pages' at all... getting to the point (albeit slow process) to where we can update the software without going into maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts