OneFora banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
StingrayForums. Admin & Moderator
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to add a checkbox to the pop-up We've Updated! so members don't have to see it after the first time? For example:

Any way to disable the "We've Updated" Pop up? Why not add a check box that says "Don't show this again". Getting to be extremely annoying as it pops up on every page.--Bob
jsvette said:
It seems to automatically drop off after a few visits (presuming you allow cookies).
Thanks Jeff but my browser clears cookies at every close. Perhaps you could just add a "Don't show this again" check box? --Bob
jsvette said:
Hi Bob. This isn't under 'local' control. It is from VerticalScope and on all their web sites. They should see your post and presumably will consider the 'do not show again' option.
OK thanks Jeff. I will hope they can do something.It is very annoying for me and I tend to move away from the site quickly because of it. --Bob

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
Is it possible to add a checkbox to the pop-up We've Updated! so members don't have to see it after the first time? For example:

Any way to disable the "We've Updated" Pop up? Why not add a check box that says "Don't show this again". Getting to be extremely annoying as it pops up on every page.--Bob

Thanks Jeff but my browser clears cookies at every close. Perhaps you could just add a "Don't show this again" check box? --Bob

OK thanks Jeff. I will hope they can do something.It is very annoying for me and I tend to move away from the site quickly because of it. --Bob
@jtech

Does he want to "Opt-Out" for all future release notes notifications or just the current one?

Jeff M

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the Opt-out would make more sense as an option for each new release note, rather than all future notifications. Thanks.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
I think the Opt-out would make more sense as an option for each new release note, rather than all future notifications. Thanks.
I believe that is how it is set but if he changes devices or clears cookies/cache it will pop back up.

I know we are looking into tweaking how the "Enable Push" notice works as it is currently user-based so it might be something we can address in future rollouts.

Have you seen other requests or just one user?

Jeff M

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just the one user so far, but I thought the same thing when the pop-ups started.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
just the one user so far, but I thought the same thing when the pop-ups started.
Ok I will let others chime in and have our team keep an eye out for more reports.

Once the "Pushy Push" notification setting is tweaked this may become far less cumbersome. We would like to keep users in the "Loop" of weekly progress as they may miss some new features if they turn it off completely.

Leaving this open to discussion for now.

Jeff M

Reactions: jtech

·
Registered
Hardcoresledder
227 Posts
People are complaining on multiple forums about the continued pop ups for the updates. You might want to change it to just once a month notifications for now till the platform stabilizes.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts