Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts
Merging with this thread.

·
Staff
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Another feature that was removed a while back is the one where you can see how many posts a member has in any particular thread.
Some of our threads have over 250,000 replies and millions of views.
It was handy to be able to see instantly just how many posts any particular member has made on any given thread.
I agree with you! We are looking into making a fix for this. :)(y)

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
Worth merging or what do you think so we can keep all the feedback in one place?
It kind of depends on what the roadmap looks like.

Will we end up with a right column widget with posting stats for that thread by user or will we end up with a more traditional reply column clickable counter to reveal all the info?

We're the only platform I'm aware of that doesn't have some sort of search thread by member tool or graphical interface to break down a thread by users who have posted so we need it one way or the other but I can't tell which method we're leaning towards.

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,794 Posts

Will we end up with a right column widget with posting stats for that thread by user or will we end up with a more traditional reply column clickable counter to reveal all the info?

We're the only platform I'm aware of that doesn't have some sort of search thread by member tool or graphical interface to break down a thread by users who have posted so we need it one way or the other but I can't tell which method we're leaning towards.
@liang_VS @Lalji thoughts?

·
Staff
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

We have to also think about Mobile... We are discussing how to best solve this problem. The widget on page one is too much at this time, but a slimmed-down version of that could work.

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,963 Posts
We have to also think about Mobile... We are discussing how to best solve this problem. The widget on page one is too much at this time, but a slimmed-down version of that could work.
Just simply (yeah, I know none of it's simple :) ) making the reply column number a link that pops up new info takes up zero real estate.

Then for when you're in the thread, the replies and/or participants counter on the right column under "About this discussion" could be a link with the same popup functionality taking up no additional space on any platform.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts