OneFora banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
AVS Forum
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We often need to close big threads and create "sequels" to them because vB chokes after a while.

This thread is an example with over 100,000 posts and over 9 million page views. There was one before it and another after it.

So how big is the biggest working thread in any of our XF forums right now and could we be potentially done with thread size limitations?

·
Patrol4x4 Admin
Patrol4x4 Forum
1,359 Posts
Interesting question Mike, in our General Discussion area (no tech just various subject matter) we had a few threads that were frequented by what I refer to as 'The Usual Suspects', I merged them years ago and called it the Pub Chit Chat Thread, it now has 107,000 posts and 2mio views, considering we only have 63k members that is our largest single thread and unfortunately one that requires high moderation.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 + 8 other Mustangs
75 Posts
On FordGT500.com, we have a “What did you do today” thread with 10k replies on 493 pages. I notice no performance problems with the thread.

Tim

·
Administrator
OneFora Sherpa
3,559 Posts
YellowBullet.com has some mega threads in the Trashed Or Be Trashed section but most are NSFW.

This one has 29k replies and over 4 million views and somewhat safe:

Another with 37k replies and 14 million views:

Jeff M

Reactions: Scott

·
Registered
89 Posts
YellowBullet.com has some mega threads in the Trashed Or Be Trashed section but most are NSFW.

This one has 29k replies and over 4 million views and somewhat safe:

Another with 37k replies and 14 million views:

Jeff M
There are some fantastic gifs in that thread!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts