OneFora banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Staff
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Azure Rectangle Automotive tire Road surface Font

Hey OneFora Community,

We're excited to share that we have begun the process of migrating the legacy iTrader data. In partnership with @JsonDub on the Marketplace side, we will be bringing back the legacy ratings on various communities to work with the New Marketplace Buyer/Seller Rating system. (See New Feature - Marketplace Ratings for feature details)

Current 01/17/2021
We’ve migrated 23 communities over to the new marketplace rating system from iTrader. You can find them in the already existing rating system on a users profile tab under ‘Reviews’.

Rectangle Sky Automotive design Font Electronic device

See below for some examples of communities we’ve migrated so far:
Archerytalk.com
Overclock.net
Plantedtank.net
Supraforums.com
My.is
HKpro.com
1000rr.net
Cumminsforum.com
Sigtalk.com

Next

Over the next few weeks, we will continue to migrate additional communities. While we endeavour to migrate most of our legacy iTrader data, we are focusing on the communities that have been vocal about the value of those data. Please let us know if your community would also like this data back. As always, we would love to hear about your feedback and learn more about how the marketplace can better serve you!

Loc
VS Product Team

Attachments

·
Registered
ClubFrontier and RoadGlide
212 Posts
Spoke with my crews. I know ClubFrontier had iTrader prior and they agree bringing it back would be a benefit to the forum. I don;t know if RoadGlide had iTrader, but the Mods believe having this rating would also be a benefit for the members; so please put these two forums on the list.

·
Registered
SIGTalk & Others
334 Posts
Glad to see that the data was successfully restored on SIGTalk - thank you :)

The only issue so far is that users are attempting to leave feedback and the URL that they post will not work. The reason it won't work is that I have not enabled the Marketplace for the classified node (at least I think that is the issue). Is there any way to turn on the option to leave feedback if the node is not a marketplace node? Or if not, can that function be temporarily disabled?

I do not intend to enable the Marketplace function in that node until we get the prefixes that we need added to the Marketplace - the timing of that apparently is a big unknown right now. The prefixes that we use now are important as they provide visual presentation for any ad placed in the classifieds. Just for reference they are shown below. As it stands now, the Marketplace function provides For Sale, Want to Buy, Sold and Expired - that covers only 3 of the 8 that we have used successfully for a very long time.
Rectangle Font Circle Peach Pattern

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Glad to see that the data was successfully restored on SIGTalk - thank you :)

The only issue so far is that users are attempting to leave feedback and the URL that they post will not work. The reason it won't work is that I have not enabled the Marketplace for the classified node (at least I think that is the issue). Is there any way to turn on the option to leave feedback if the node is not a marketplace node? Or if not, can that function be temporarily disabled?

I do not intend to enable the Marketplace function in that node until we get the prefixes that we need added to the Marketplace - the timing of that apparently is a big unknown right now. The prefixes that we use now are important as they provide visual presentation for any ad placed in the classifieds. Just for reference they are shown below. As it stands now, the Marketplace function provides For Sale, Want to Buy, Sold and Expired - that covers only 3 of the 8 that we have used successfully for a very long time.
View attachment 10870
Hey, We'll have Want to trade within 2 releases or so which should cover 'For Trade' (which should include For Sale or Trade). We wanted to keep it consistent across selling, trading and buying. As for found, traded, is it something that can be combined into one status? Withdrawn is something that we are looking explore as an end status but can you share how prefixes/statuses are used?

For Example

For Sale -->Sold
Want to Buy --> Found?
For Trade --> Traded?

Withdrawn for all of them?

It would be good to turn on the marketplace nodes to leverage the rating system and be able to leave a rating using the new system as it ties to listings created specifically in these nodes.

·
Registered
SIGTalk & Others
334 Posts
For Example

For Sale -->Sold
Want to Buy --> Found?
For Trade --> Traded?

Withdrawn for all of them?
Your example is exactly how the prefixes are used - you cracked the code lol

As far as combining found and traded into a single prefix, that's fine if you can come up with something that will work - I have nothing that comes to mind. Is there a reason why it's necessary to have one prefix instead of 2?

It would be good to turn on the marketplace nodes to leverage the rating system and be able to leave a rating using the new system as it ties to listings created specifically in these nodes.
Oh, I really do want to enable the feature, but not until the prefixes are available. If you take a look at the classifieds you will see that all of these prefixes are being used regularly. Just having what there is in the Marketplace today won't work well for us. Give us what you have planned for 2 releases from now (whenever that may be) and include a Withdrawn in there and I'll fire the node up.
The sooner the better ;)

·
Registered
FocusRSOC, FocusSTOC, FiestaSTOC, MondeoSTOC
2,142 Posts
I'm managing OK with the new limited Marketplace prefixes, but I'd still like to see 'Free' and 'Exchange' as well as some of Bob's other prefixes added.

PS: I think we're off-topic now.

·
Administrator
VerticalScope
236 Posts
Your example is exactly how the prefixes are used - you cracked the code lol

As far as combining found and traded into a single prefix, that's fine if you can come up with something that will work - I have nothing that comes to mind. Is there a reason why it's necessary to have one prefix instead of 2?

Oh, I really do want to enable the feature, but not until the prefixes are available. If you take a look at the classifieds you will see that all of these prefixes are being used regularly. Just having what there is in the Marketplace today won't work well for us. Give us what you have planned for 2 releases from now (whenever that may be) and include a Withdrawn in there and I'll fire the node up.
The sooner the better ;)
Will stay on topic but feel free to add your add back to the marketplace listing thread in my signature. I'll take this back to the team.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Spoke with my crews. I know ClubFrontier had iTrader prior and they agree bringing it back would be a benefit to the forum. I don;t know if RoadGlide had iTrader, but the Mods believe having this rating would also be a benefit for the members; so please put these two forums on the list.
We found that Clubfrontier was missing iTrader stats and we have asked for it to be restored. Once it is live we will post a notice on your home community.

@VS_Mike will ping you about iTrader and Marketplace on your thread over on RoadGlide.

·
Registered
212 Posts
We found that Clubfrontier was missing iTrader stats and we have asked for it to be restored. Once it is live we will post a notice on your home community.

@VS_Mike will ping you about iTrader and Marketplace on your thread over on RoadGlide.
Thanks Jeff.

·
Senior Community Manager
OneFora Sherpa
5,778 Posts
Note:

We have posted to all communties that have gotten the legacy iTrader restored to date.

More to come over the next few weeks.

Reactions: Zedbra

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was rummaging through the change logs again this morning to weed out some more spammers and one of the accounts I popped into was actually a Member from 2013 that decided to log back in. Anyways, when I checked out their profile, I noticed that he was showing one Review from the previous iTrader ratings. However, when I click on the Reviews, this member actually has 2 reviews. Was there a specific date that they only programmed to bring back for viewing? Looks like the 2014 review isn't being counted.

I posted this on our Area 51 to VS Admin, but maybe I can give Mike a rest and just ask right here. ;)

Font Rectangle Screenshot Darkness Software

1 - 16 of 16 Posts